As the registration period approaches for the Spring 2021 FPC and CPP exams, the APA has compiled some helpful exam preparation resources to share with your chapter.
On Wednesday, November 18 at 1:00 pm EST, Mike Downs, from APA Learning Systems and Larry White, CPP, APA’s Director of Payroll Training will host a complimentary live webinar to discuss how PayTrain® can help prepare payroll professionals for APA’s certification exams.
Attendees will also learn about FPC and CPP certifications and how to determine which professional designation is right for them.
The webinar will cover many advantages of preparing for the exams with PayTrain®, including:
- Three learning options: self-study, guided-study, and instructor-led
- Three key steps to success: assess, study, and achieve
- Comprehensive list of course topics
- Online study tools such as quizzes, games, and flashcards
Webinar attendees will receive a discount code for $100 off PayTrain or PayTrain Fundamentals so be sure to share this opportunity with your chapter members.
If you have any questions, please present them during the webinar on November 18 or email ChapterRelations@americanpayroll.org. If you are unable to attend the live webinar, it will also be available on-demand December 2020 through April 2021.
FPC and CPP Bootcamps
- An expert "tried and true" APA instructor leading you through the content outline of the FPC or CPP exam and providing solid answers to your questions
- Access to PayTrain Fundamentals (FPC Bootcamp) or a year of access to PayTrain® (CPP Bootcamp) to apply and practice learning through quizzes and fun, educational games
- On-demand sessions available for review even after the live sessions are over
Chapter Study Groups
Chapter lead study groups are another highly effective method for certification exam preparation. The APA provides several benefits to chapters that offer study groups:
- A complimentary one-year subscription to the Payroll Source Online® for the coordinator of CPP study groups with 10 or more participants
- A complimentary copy of the Payroll Practice Fundamentals eBook for the coordinator of FPC study groups with 10 or more participants
- A complimentary Knowledge Assessment Calculator (KAC) for instructor demonstration (upon request)
- Promotion of the study group on the APA website
Don’t forget to register your chapter study group 90 days in advance to maintain compliance with APA Chapter Guidelines. What resources does your chapter’s members find most beneficial when pursuing certification? Comment below and let us know!